Australia Travel Quiz
This is an Australia Travel Quiz from taste2travel!
How well do you know the Land Down Under?
Test your knowledge with this Australia travel quiz from taste2travel.
How well will you score? Your result will be displayed at the bottom of the quiz – will you get to see the legendary Marco Polo?
Don’t forget to share this quiz with friends using the social media buttons located at the top of the quiz.
Did you know?
There are many more travel quizzes on taste2travel, covering specific continents and subjects such as currencies, flags, maps, capital cities, UNESCO World Heritage Sites, museums and much more.
You can access all the quizzes here.
01. Which Australian state is renown for its lavender farms?
02. Home to 5.3 million souls, which is Australia's largest city?
03. What is the name of this iconic Australian parrot?
04. Known for its autumn colours, the highland town of Armadale is located in which state?
05. Weighing in at 1 tonne, the world's largest and heaviest solid gold coin is housed where?
06. Outback Australia has been inhabited by native Aboriginals for approximately how many years?
07. The Australian territory of Cocos (Keeling) Islands is located in which body of water?
08. The Barossa Valley, a major wine-producing region, is located in which Australian state?
09. Which Australian capital city lies at the foot of Mt. Wellington (1,271 m / 4,170 ft)?
10. In which Australian city would you be if you were swimming at Bondi Beach?
11. Which Australian city hosts the Australian Open tennis tournament every January?
12. In which Australian state would you be if you were visiting Flinders Island?
13. The Australian territory of Norfolk Island lies approximately how many kilometres off the east coast of Australia?
14. An inland wave, Wave Rock is located in which Australian state?
15. Australia's national Parliament House is located where?
16. Bruny Island is located in which Australian state?
17. Rottnest Island is located offshore from which Australian city?
18. Known for its quirkiness, the opal mining town of Lightening Ridge is located in which Australian state?
19. Developed by the Reserve Bank of Australia, polymer banknotes were first issued in which year?
20. Finally, this is the flag of which Australian state?
Why not further test your knowledge with another taste2travel quiz?
Other travel-related quizzes are also available on BuzzFeed.
Follow me on Instagram:
Author: Darren McLean
Darren McLean is an Australian full-time digital nomad who has spent 36 years on a slow meander around the globe, visiting all seven continents and 229 UN+ countries and territories.
He founded taste2travel to pique one’s curiosity and inspire wanderlust.