World Flags Quiz
This is a World Flags quiz from taste2travel!
How well do you know your World flags?
Test your knowledge with this World Flags quiz!
How well will you score? Your result will be displayed at the bottom of the quiz – will you get to see the legendary Marco Polo?
Don’t forget to share this quiz with friends using the social media buttons located at the top of the quiz.
Did you know?
There are many more travel quizzes on taste2travel, covering specific continents and subjects such as currencies, flags, maps, capital cities, UNESCO World Heritage Sites, museums and much more.
You can access all the quizzes here.
01. This is the flag of which country?
If you like crescent moon flags, be sure to do my "Crescent Moon Flags Quiz".
02. This is the current flag of the only former Swedish Caribbean colony, which is?
03. This is the flag of which country?
04. This is the flag of which country?
05. The flag of which country is the only one which is not rectangular in shape?
The triangular design of Nepal's Flag represents mountains. The triangles also represent the two main religions in Nepal - Hinduism and Buddhism.
06. This is the flag of which country?
Green, yellow, and red are now found on the national flags of many African nations. The colour combination was borrowed from the flag of Ethiopia, the one African country which wasn't colonised.
07. This is the flag of which country?
Like other flags in the region, the Kuwait flag features the pan-Arab colors of black, white, green and red. Individually, each of the four Pan-Arab colors were intended to represent a certain aspect of the Arabs and their history.
08. This is the flag of which country?
09. The flag of which country is double-sided so that the sword and the Shahada (pray) face the correct direction from either side?
The inscription on the Saudi flag is the Islamic creed, or shahada: "There is no God but Allah; Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah".
10. The flag of which country is the only one that doesn't feature red, white or blue?
11. This is the flag of which country?
12. This is the flag of which country?
The combination of the traditional Icelandic colours, blue and white, with red reflects historical links with Norway. The use of the cross symbolises Iceland's close ties with the rest of the Nordic countries.
13. This beautiful cake is decorated with the flag of which country?
The Naseef café in Bahrain is the best place to sample a typical Bahraini breakfast. They also produce amazing cakes!
14. Which is the only flag in the world to feature a purple parrot?
The Sisserou parrot, which is native to Dominica, is renown for its striking purple feathers. The colour purple has long been associated with riches and royalty and was rarely used due to the high cost of purple pigment. Only in the 20th century did purple become widely accessible. Today, purple is still hardly seen on flags, although it does feature on the flags of Nicaragua and Dominica.
15. What's the name given to the study of flags?
A person who studies flags is a vexillologist, one who designs flags is a vexillographer, and the art of designing flags is called vexillography. One who is a hobbyist or general admirer of flags is a vexillophile.
16. This flag belongs to a sovereign state which is recognised by the UN, maintains diplomatic relations with 107 countries, issues its own passports, stamps and currency - BUT - has no territory! Which is it?
You can learn all about the fascinating Sovereign Military Order of Malta in my SMOM Travel Guide: https://www.taste2travel.com/sovereign-military-order-of-malta-travel-guide/
17. This is the flag of which country?
18. The flag of which country features a stylised representation of a "tunduk", the circular crown of a traditional yurt.
The Tunduk is a national symbol of Kyrgyzstan. It functions as a rooftop crown in traditional Kyrgyz yurts. According to the Kyrgyz, it provides a link between the earthly world and the spirit world.
19. This is the flag of which country?
20. This is the flag of which country?
Share your Results:
Why not further test your knowledge with another taste2travel quiz?
Other travel-related quizzes are also available on BuzzFeed.
Follow me on Instagram:
Author: Darren McLean
Darren McLean is an Australian full-time digital nomad who has spent 36 years on a slow meander around the globe, visiting all seven continents and 229 UN+ countries and territories.
He founded taste2travel to pique one’s curiosity and inspire wanderlust.