World Currencies Quiz
This is a World Currencies Quiz from taste2travel!
How well do you know your World currencies?
Test your knowledge with this currency quiz from taste2travel.
How well will you score? Your result will be displayed at the bottom of the quiz – will you get to see the legendary Marco Polo?
Don’t forget to share your results with friends using the social media buttons at the top of the quiz.
Did you know?
There are many more travel quizzes on taste2travel, covering specific continents and subjects such as currencies, flags, maps, capital cities, UNESCO World Heritage Sites, museums and much more.
You can access all the quizzes here.
01. What is the name given to the study and collection of currency?
This image features a small part of my currency collection!
02. Which is the highest denomination euro banknote in circulation?
03. Which is the official currency of the United Arab Emirates?
04. Which is the official unit of currency of Lesotho?
05. Which local currency would you be spending if you were shopping in Stockholm?
06. If you were buying local currency from a currency trader in Hargeisa, Somaliland, which currency would you be purchasing?
07. If you were visiting Paramaribo, the capital of Suriname, which local currency would you be spending?
08. Which is the official currency of Iran?
09. If you were visiting Easter Island, which local currency would you be spending?
10. This is the most valuable currency in the world, with 20 units of the currency currently worth US$65. Which currency is it?
11. For most of its history, the currency of the Cocos (Keeling) Islands was the "Cocos Rupee" - a homemade currency issued by the owners of the islands - the Clunies-Ross family. Which is the official currency today?
To read more about Cocos (Keeling) Island, you can access my travel guide here - https://www.taste2travel.com/cocos-keeling-islands-travel-guide/
12. If you were holidaying in Northern Cyprus, which local currency would you be spending?
13. Which is the official currency of Bahrain?
14. Which local currency would you be spending if you were holidaying on Cape Verde?
15. Which is the official currency of Bangladesh?
16. Which is the official currency of Kyrgyzstan?
17. Which is the official currency of San Marino?
18. Which is the world's oldest currency which is still in circulation?
The British pound is the world's oldest currency still in use at around 1,200 years old. Dating back to Anglo-Saxon times, the pound has gone through many changes before evolving into the currency we recognise today. The British pound is both the oldest and one of the most traded currencies in the world.
19. If you were visiting Nauru, which local currency would you be spending?
You can learn more about Nauru in my Nauru Traval Guide - https://www.taste2travel.com/nauru-travel-guide/
20. On which island is the Pacific franc the official currency?
Share your Results:
Why not further test your knowledge with another taste2travel quiz?
Other travel-related quizzes are also available on BuzzFeed.
Follow me on Instagram:
World Currency Quiz
Author: Darren McLean
Darren McLean is an Australian full-time digital nomad who has spent 36 years on a slow meander around the globe, visiting all seven continents and 229 UN+ countries and territories.
He founded taste2travel to pique one’s curiosity and inspire wanderlust.