Australia Travel Quiz
This is an Australia Travel Quiz from taste2travel!
How well do you know Australia
Test your knowledge with this Australia travel quiz from taste2travel.
How well will you score? Your result will be displayed at the bottom of the quiz – will you get to see the legendary Marco Polo?
Don’t forget to share this quiz with friends using the social media buttons located at the top of the quiz.
Did you know?
There are many more travel quizzes on taste2travel, covering specific continents and subjects such as currencies, flags, maps, capital cities, UNESCO World Heritage Sites, museums and much more.
You can access all the quizzes here.
01. This is the flag of which Australian state?
02. Famous for its many beautiful beaches, the city of Newcastle is located in which state?
03. Approximately, what percentage of Australians live on the coast?
The large deserts of central Australia mean that the vast majority of the population live on the shores of this enormous country. All capital cities, except for Canberra, are located on the coast.
04. In which town would you be if you were viewing the 'Super Pit', one of the world's largest gold mines?
The 'Super Pit' is approximately 3.5km long, 1.5km wide and 600m deep. The structure is big enough to be seen from space. The Super Pit was the biggest open gold mine in Australia until 2016, when it was surpassed by the Boddington gold mine, also in western Australia.
05. With a land area of 7,692,024 km2, where does Australia rank, worldwide, in term of country size?
Australia is the world's sixth largest country, after Russia, Canada, China, the USA, and Brazil. While it is the smallest continental land mass, it is the world's largest island.
06. What was the nationality of Jørn Utzon, the designer of the iconic Sydney Opera House?
07. Home to 897 souls, Flinders Island is a part of which state?
08. Which statement is true of Australia?
While Australia is located in the tropics, the country is 70% desert and the Australian Alps receive more snowfall than the Swiss Alps. However, there are no active volcanoes in Australia.
09. The black swan is the bird emblem of which state?
The black swan has been used as the emblem of Western Australia since the 1830s, although there is no record of any early official confirmation. It was officially confirmed as the state bird in 1973!
10. A group of emus is known as a what?
11. This is the flag of which Australian territory?
12. Which is the capital of Western Australia?
13. The ACT (Australian Capital Territory) is entirely surrounded by which state?
14. What is the approximate length of the Great Barrier Reef, the largest coral reef system in the world?
Stretching for 2,300 km, over an area of approximately 344,000 square kms, the Great Barrier Reef is the largest coral reef system in the world.
15. In which state would you be if you were visiting Bruny Island ?
16. Cape Leeuwin, the point where the Indian and Southern Oceans meet, is located in which state?
17. What is the name of the central bank of Australia?
18. The outback town of Bourke is located in which state?
19. Which is the capital of Tasmania?
20. Finally, this is the flag of which Australian territory?
Share your Results:
Why not further test your knowledge with another taste2travel quiz?
Other travel-related quizzes are also available on BuzzFeed.
Follow me on Instagram:
Author: Darren McLean
Darren McLean is an Australian full-time digital nomad who has spent 36 years on a slow meander around the globe, visiting all seven continents and 230 UN+ countries and territories.
He founded taste2travel to pique one’s curiosity and inspire wanderlust.