Africa Travel Quiz
This is an Africa Travel quiz from taste2travel!
How well do you know Africa?
Test your knowledge with this Africa Travel quiz from taste2travel.
How well will you score? Your result will be displayed at the bottom of the quiz – will you get to see the legendary Marco Polo?
Don’t forget to share this quiz with friends using the social media buttons located at the top of the quiz.
Did you know?
There are many more travel quizzes on taste2travel, covering specific continents and subjects such as currencies, flags, maps, capital cities, UNESCO World Heritage Sites, museums and much more.
You can access all the quizzes here.
01. Which is the capital of Eritrea?
02. This is the flag of which country?
03. Which country is highlighted on the map?
04. The Elephant is one of the members of the “Big Five” game group. Which are the other members of this group?
05. The Rand is the unit of currency of which country?
The South African rand, or simply the rand, is the official currency of both South Africa and the Southern African Common Monetary Area: South Africa, Namibia, Lesotho and Eswatini.
06. Which country is highlighted on the map?
07. In terms of area, which is the smallest country in Africa?
The Seychelles is the smallest African nation, with a total land area of just 452 km square (175 sq. mi).
08. Injera, a sour fermented pancake-like flatbread, is the national dish of which country?
09. This is the flag of which country?
10. Which is the most populous country in Africa?
Nigeria is the most populous country in Africa, being home to 223,804,632 souls, which represents 15% of the total population of Africa.
11. Which country is highlighted on the map?
12. The city of Bujumbura is located on which body of water?
13. Which is the unit of currency of Libya?
14. In terms of area, which is the largest country in Africa?
Algeria is the biggest country in Africa and tenth-largest in the world, with a land area of 2,381,741 sq. km.
15. This is the flag of which country?
16. Which is the capital of Mauritius?
17. Which country is highlighted on the map?
18. The pan-African colours of green, yellow and red appear on the flags of 13 African nations. From which country’s flag were they originally adopted?
Green, yellow and red, the colours of the flag of Ethiopia, have come to represent the pan-Africanist ideology due to the country's history of having avoided being taken over by a colonial power. Numerous African countries have adopted the colours into their national flags, and they are similarly used as a symbol by many Pan-African organisations and the Rastafari movement.
19. The White Rhino is one of how many species of Rhino?
The five species of Rhino include the White rhinoceros, Black rhinoceros, Sumatran rhinoceros, Indian rhinoceros and Javan rhinoceros.
20. This is the flag of which country?
The flag of Burkina Faso has two horizontal bands in red and green. A yellow five-pointed star is in the centre, overlapping both bands of colour. The green, red and yellow are the Pan-African colours.
Share your Results:
Why not further test your knowledge with another taste2travel quiz?
Other travel-related quizzes are also available on BuzzFeed.
Follow me on Instagram:
Author: Darren McLean
Darren McLean is an Australian full-time digital nomad who has spent 36 years on a slow meander around the globe, visiting all seven continents and 229 UN+ countries and territories.
He founded taste2travel to pique one’s curiosity and inspire wanderlust.